Aesthetic Medicine is a developing clinical subspecialty and field in scientific research aimed at the use of minimally invasive cosmetic treatments to enhance patients’ satisfaction with their physical appearance. This subspecialty is no longer limited to the fields of plastic surgery and dermatology, as many specialties are offering aesthetic medical procedures in order to better accommodate their patients’ aesthetic needs. A growing trend with aesthetic treatments is a part of a normal health routine with the goal of maintaining a natural and healthy appearance.
- There were nearly 10 million surgical and nonsurgical cosmetic procedures performed in 2009. Nonsurgical procedures represented 83% of the total
- Since 1997, there has been an increase in nonsurgical cosmetic procedures of 147%
- The top five nonsurgical cosmetic procedures in 2008 were:
- Botulinum Toxin A Injections
Hyaluronic Acid Injections
Laser Hair Removal
- Core physicians (plastic surgery, dermatology) account for 60.1% of the aesthetic procedures performed in 2006; whereas non-core physicians (family practice, internal medicine, etc.) accounted for 33.3%. Through 2011, noncore physicians will gain 35.2% compound annual growth in aesthetic procedure volume. The source: Statistics courtesy of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery 2010 Cosmetic Surgery National Data Bank and Medical Insight Inc. Primary Care and Medispa Expand Aesthetic Market Report.
The exciting field of Aesthetic Medicine is a new trend in modern medicine. Patients not only want to be in good health, they also minimize the effects of normal aging.
The real benefit of practicing Aesthetic Medicine is the type of care that practitioners are offering to their patients. These procedures are performed on patients who do not suffer from illness. They are usually happy and in excellent health. They simply want a minimally invasive preventative procedure to help manage the normal effects of aging – Treatments directed at nonmedical purpose.
A legally regulated cosmetic and aesthetic services are performed by Mariola Kunka qualified skin expert to carry out non-surgical cosmetic treatments – Natural Beauty Owner/Founder.
Mariola Kunka offers a full range of anti-aging treatments including Dermal Fillers, Lips augmentation, Dermalroller, Facials, Skin Peels.
For more information please email: email@example.com or call 00353862185981